Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Icy Pyramid With Chocolate And Strawberry


This is our first Monthly Mingle. My blog partner and I are very excited about it. Actually, I am not sure how this monthly mingle works but I hope, we did right and Meeta can accept my icy dessert.

I went to farmer's market and I just got a packet of strawberry from there for my icy pyramid. I like buying vegetables and fruits from farmer's market rather than supermarket. I love being outside. It is nice to feel, touch and smell vegetable. However, I can't find any market in Orlando as big as what we have in Turkey.

This icy pyramid is a very simple dessert. You don't need to cook anything. If you have a guest and don't have much time to make a cake, this recipe will be very helpfully to you, especially at summer. You can change the recipe easily. You can add what ever you want. For example, this dessert might be nicer with nut, dried fruits and also some juice as orange or cherry. My mom used to make this icy pyramid a lot. I added chocolate and strawberry in it. Here is my recipe, enjoy! :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 1\2 package plain biscuit (tea biscuit) (200-250gr)
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1\2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cacao
  • 1\3 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped strawberry
Method:
  1. In a medium bowl, melt butter and add the milk. Stir together and beat well. After then add the cacao and mix them together.
  2. Break the biscuit into large pieces. Add the broken biscuits and the chocolate chips to the mixture above. Mix them lightly, but be careful don't mix them into a paste. Biscuits pieces should remain intact.
  3. Pour out the mixture on a parchment paper. Spread evenly with a spatula.
  4. Sprinkle the strawberry on the mixture.
  5. Lift the parchment paper from both sides and make a pyramid shape by hand.
  6. Cover all sides with parchment paper and put in the freezer over night or at least for 3 hours.
  7. Take out the dessert at least 20 minutes before serving.
  8. Cut it into slices.
  9. Serve cold.