There is a lovely event at the well-seasoned cook by Susan. When I saw the announcement I thought we should join the event "Food in Film".
I chose two movies and two recipes for this event. I made a delicious chicken sandwich for "Big Night" (above) and cherry dessert for "Woman on Top" (below). I hope you enjoy them!
The first movie is "Big Night". It is a lovely comedy-drama and also a yummy foodie movie. It is about two Italian brothers. They own an Italian restaurant called "Paradise". Their restaurant's popularity is going down so they tried to make a big come back again by throwing a big party. Definitely worth watching!!
Here are the recipes for Italian flat bread Focaccia and chicken sandwich! Che bello!Muahh! :)
- 2 packages (5 teaspoons) of active dry yeast
- 1 3\4 cups warm water (105-115 F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3\4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, 1\2 cup of the olive oil, the flour, and the fine sea salt and stir with your hand or a wooden spoon until a rough ball forms.
- pour the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead the dough until smooth and elastic, 5-7 minutes.
- Add up to 1\2 cup flour to the work surface while kneading to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Form the dough into a ball, transfer it to a lightly oiled bowl, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm, draft- free spot until it doubles in bulk, 1-11\2 hours.
- Pour the remaining 1\4 cup oil evenly into a half-sheet pan. Turn the dough out into the pan. Press the dough evenly into the pan. If it is too elastic to spread without springing back, let it rest for 5 minutes. Cover the pan loosely with a dry kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free spot until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven, and preheat to 450F. Dimple the dough by pressing your fingertips all the way into it a 1 inch intervals over the entire surface. Sprinkle it with the coarse salt, if desired.
- Bake the focaccia until golden brown, 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in the pan. Cut it into squares and serve warm or at room temperature. Store tightly wrapped in a aluminum foil at room temperature for up to 1 day or freeze fpr up to 2 weeks. Reheat at 375F for 10 minutes.
- 2 boneless, skinned chicken breasts
- ~ 1 1\2 cup fine chopped cabbage
- ~ 1 1\2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A little bit salt and black pepper
- In a frying pan, fry the chicken breasts with butter until cooked well and slice them thin.
- In a large bowl, put the cabbage, carrot, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper mix them well.
- Cut the focaccia into four-inch squares. Then split them in two and put the chicken and salad between them. Serve with Big Night movie. :))
Isabelle (Penelope Cruz) is a beautiful girl who has a talented for cooking but she is also a control freak. She needs to control everything and if she is not in control like cars, elevators, planes she gets ill. Her target is become the top chef in a famous restaurant but when she falls in love with Toninho her mind changes. When Toninho cheats on her she leaves him and moves to San Fransisco to become the chef that she has always dreamed of.
I decided to make a dessert that would go with the movie.I put all the cherry , chocolate, coconut on the top of my dessert. :))
- 1 package cherry pudding (I used strawberry pudding)
- 3,5 cups milk
- 1 1\2 package plain biscuit (tea biscuit)
- For toping decoration; a half pound cherry, 2 tablespoons coconut, 1\2 cup chocolate chips
In a sauce pan, cook the pudding according to package directions with 3,5 cups.
Place the biscuits side by side on bottom of 8x8 inch pan. And than pour 1\3 pudding on the top of biscuit. Continue to make the dessert until you finish all the biscuits and the pudding. Let the dessert cool and than put it in refrigerator.